The two young bucks were back in our yard today. I was talking to my friend Cindy in the backyard when she noticed they were just standing there looking at us. I called the kids out to see them and we all watched them for several minutes as they just stood watching us. Of course, the little dogs were barking like crazy but won't go down to the gully because they have learned that they get plenty of stickers in their fur and then they have to endure me cutting them out. I"m thinking I had better get the chicken wire and fence posts bought so I can get some fencing up around the trees. Those two deer are probably the ones who ate my big red lillies two nights ago. The deer must think they are candy. One of these days we will put up a fence. The code says white vinyl fencing but white is so stark against all of the earth tone homes. I'm holding out for a black wrought fence that I can see through. We have such a fantastic view I would hate to block it. The neighbor across the street said it looked like the deer had tried climbing up her rock wall and one of the boulders slipped and rolled. I told her I would be getting an engineer over to make sure no more rocks fall out of place. Living on this hillside sure makes me wonder if it is really all that safe here. I worry about rock and mud slides every fall and spring when the ground gets saturated from the rainfall.
Exploring London During the Christmas Season
7 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment