Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jaden Sees Deer in the Yard

Tuesday evening Jaden and I were out watering the flowers and pulling weeds. I was at one end of the yard and he was at the other. Jaden begins yelling at me to see the two deer. I'm thinking to myself, there are no deer in the yard. The deer don't come around until it's nearly dark or early in the morning. I could hear one of the dogs barking like crazy so I looked over where Jaden was pointing. Sure enough their were two young bucks just standing at the side of the yard looking at Jaden yelling and Chespa barking. I was worried that Jaden would get to close to the deer so I kept calling him to come to me. Of course, he was too entranced with the size of the deer and didn't move one inch. Chespa (our smallest dog) finally managed to get the deer to move away and down into the gully. Jaden kept an eye on the deer as they moved down through the brush. He has a really good eye. Those deer blended in with all of the brush and weeds so perfectly and he could tell right where they were. It was our fun adventure for the evening as the whole family piled out onto the deck to see the deer in the yard.

0 comments: