Jamie and Kyle moved in 2 weeks ago so our basement is under construction. We are trying to get a kitchenette, family room, fire place, and laundry room built within a month. Lucky for them we got the bedrooms and bathroom finished the day they arrived. That night we were still putting up doors with wet paint. It is soooo fun to wake up every morning and see the grandbabies! The 2nd morning they were here, I came out of my bedroom to find the 2 year old naked as a jaybird and nobody around. I asked him what he was doing but all he would say to me was "Gwma, where are you going?" His dad came upstairs just a few minutes to get him but it sure made me gigle all day to think of him standing outside of my door waiting for me to get up.
I'm trying to talk my son (the youngest) in to building a playhouse for the grandbabies. He apparently doesn't want to build anything because a few weeks ago I asked him to build me a chicken coop. He told me outright no for the coop. Maybe I should just start building and rope him in to build with me when I need help. The idea for the playhouse came from my friend Nancy's house where we had a morning retreat with the teachers before school started. She has a darling little playhouse that I took a picture of. I'll try to get the picture of it posted soon. Nancy is the most amazing person. Besides teaching she has her own sewing business and her own baking business. She is also so clever. Her baking business is calleed"Rollin' in the Dough". She is also a wonderful person and great friend. Her big claim to fame is she was in a movie with Elvis Presley and he kissed her on her cheek! Isn't that neat! Her house is soooo cute too! Everything is sooo cute and makes you feel so welcome in her home. Someday her and I are going to move to the California coast and enjoy the beach and the sun each and every day!
Exploring London During the Christmas Season
7 years ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment