Sunday, August 10, 2008

Herriman View

I am sitting here on the deck looking over the Salt Lake Valley and enjoying my grandkids and the fantastic view. Today it hailed. The hailstones were as large as a quarter and they hurt the top of your head when they hit you. The grandkids and I had a great time picking up the hail and comparing the sizes. The valley is so clear right now. It really is nice to live up above the smog level. I can even see my school from my house. It is fun to sit and watch the cars drive along Bangerter. At night the view is spectacular with the lights. I love to lay on my bed and just look out the window. We will always have this great view since there is a gully that runs on the side and to the back of our house. The only thing I have to worry about is whether our house will ever slide off the hillside. Let's hope not! I hate to go inside on days like this. It's too bad I have to work to pay the bills. I really could be a stay at home mom/wife and just play in my yard all day.

Did I ever tell you I also to make cards? Brooke Stockman is my favorite Stampin' Up demonstrator. She has me hooked on stamps and making cards. There is just not anything like a personally handmade card. I will post one someday when I figure out adding pictures. I think I am getting pretty good at making good looking cards. Ones you don't want to throw away because they are too pretty. Brooke's blogsite http://designsbybrooke.blogspot.com for those that want to see her great creations!

Today I picked 3 zucchini's and a cuke from my little garden. I have had to baby my plants to keep them from being eaten by the various wildlife. My zuchinni and cukes are in the backyard and my tomatoes and summer squash are in the frontyard right next to the house. At night I keep one of my dogs outside to scare the deer away from eating my veggies. Those darn deer! Last year we had a young buck that ruined I don't know how many trees by rubbing his antlers up against the bark. I started calling him Buck because he came around every morning. The bad thing is he was too comfortable with me and wouldn't leave when I would yell at him. Oh well the deer were here before I was.

1 comments:

Brooke S said...

Michelle!!! How stinkin' cute are you... I just randimly clicked on the Feedjet list on the side on my blog because I saw there was someone from Utah currently reading my blog I was so suprized when it was my Rosecreek Michelle..
Waaahooo! It said you were from Kaysville...Before I say your picture I say my name listed in favorites and thought What Michelle in Kaysville do I know? Then I read a little further and waaaalaaa..Oh my goodness....I found you!!! What a great job you a doing with you blog.. I {heart} the Pictures of the grandbaby... They are Beautiful!!!! I had know Idea you loved Sunflowers so much... How cool... I can't wait to come and play with you all next week...

Hugs
Brooke